Scottish Sinfonia's first twenty-five years
Works performed between 1970 and 1995
Soloists between 1970 and 1995
These lists overlap with the detailed programmes for 1990 to 1975.
I don't have any more details at present of performances before 1990 ... except for a few random old programmes which I uncovered ...
Sunday 9 October 1988:
- Rimsky-Korsakov: Suite from "Mlada"
- Stravinsky: Petrushka (1947 version)
- Brahms: Piano Concerto No1 (soloist Richard Beauchamp)
Sunday 5 February 1984:
- Schumann: Introduction & Allegro (soloist Peter Evans)
- Fauré: Pelléas et Mélisande
- Ravel: Concerto for the Left Hand (soloist Peter Evans)
- Sibelius: Symphony No 5
Sunday 27 November 1983:
- Mozart: Overture to "The Marriage of Figaro"
- Mozart: Sinfonia Concertante for Wind
Scottish National Orchestra Wind Soloists:
- John Digney: Oboe
- John Cushing: Clarinet
- Hugh Seenan: Horn
- Lesley Wilson: Bassoon
- Mahler: Symphony No 7
Sunday 28 August 1983:
- Bach/Stokowski: Passacaglia & Fugue in C minor
- Bruch: Violin Concerto No 1 (soloist Edwin Paling)
- Strauss: Eine Alpensinfonie (first performance in Scotland)
Sunday 23 May 1982:
- Weber: Overture "Abu Hassan"
- Dvořák: Cello Concerto (soloist Joan Dickson)
- Rimsky Korsakov: Scheherezade
Saturday 30 January 1982:
- Brahms: Piano Concerto No 2 (soloist Audrey Innes)
- Mozart: Serenade No 13 "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik"
- Elgar: In the South (Alassio)
Sunday 22 November 1981:
- Beethoven: Piano Concerto No 5 "Emperor" (soloist Yaltah Menuhin)
- Strauss: Don Juan
- Strauss: Suite from "Der Rosenkavalier"